Kate at New Hope Uganda

Kate at New Hope Uganda

Friday 6 April 2012

Measles and My House.

Sleeping Beauty needs your prayers!

Well, rest and relaxation had to come to an end sometime........

I returned from my weekend away in Entebbe to find some rather poorly children back home. It seems we have a measles epidemic going on in our area and 3 of the children from my class are admitted in the hospital with it along with dear Carol who had some symptoms of measles but no rash?! Please pray especially for Allen and Ivan who are both severely underweight for their age and are both very poorly. I have been with Allen all day today and she has had to have an NG tube put down as she was not taking any food or drink and having severe diarrhea. Bless her, she couldn`t open her eyes today because they were so swollen and stuck together L  It was hard to leave her this evening but she and Brian are being well looked after in their isolation room by Uncle Dennis who is currently working with us so that he can hopefully then afford to go and train to be a clinical officer.

Thankfully, Carol has come off the Oxygen machine today and is smiling and trying to talk to us so hopefully it won`t be long until she comes home but you can pray that she stays home this time!

We have been told to bring the rest of the special needs children in to have booster vaccinations in the next few days but that is only 5 of them as the other 5 have all got or had measles!

On a happier note, I am very excited to tell you that this week they have started digging the foundations to my house. Thank you so much to those of you who have donated money towards this project. I will keep you updated on the progress with news and pics. I think I will try and make a page on my blog for my house project so watch this space......

And finally, I thought I`d add a photo of Wilbur, one of the children who we have been able to support in the community. Here he is with his Grandmother (and younger sister or cousin) wearing his splints that we got from Katalemwa Rehab Centre and using the parallel bars which the physio built for him at home to practise his walking.

1 comment:

  1. praying for the poorly children, it's horrible.
    Hope the others don't catch it before they are vaccinated. lv Rachel

    ReplyDelete