Kate at New Hope Uganda

Kate at New Hope Uganda

Saturday 14 April 2012

Helpers, Hot Cross Buns and House Progress


The Cooley Team 2012.


When teams come to help out at Kasana it is always an encouragement to those of us who live and work there, especially when they are friends or even if they are just people from England bearing gifts of Tetley tea bags, Marmite and Dairy Milk! These last two weeks we have enjoyed having the 'Cooley Team' with us from Tees Valley (hope I got that right.....up North somewhere anyway!) The Cooleys (Chris and Anne) are the people I originally came out to New Hope with in 2008 along with Stu and Sarah Dendy and Steve Spencer. They are lovely, lovely people and have been a real blessing to New Hope these last 4 years; bringing teams out and organising various fund raising events in the UK.
This time the team was helping mainly with finishing off the new home for the babies in Hope Family and did an amazing job. However, once my class had recovered from the measles epidemic, several of the ladies were able to come and help out in my class.
On Thursday we made some hot cross buns at my house with Auntie Anna.

Baking lessons on Auntie Kate`s Verandah.

 Godfrey kneading the dough.


 Allen & Ivan glazing their buns whilst reclining on the sofa!
 
This week has also been very exciting in terms of the progress being made on my house......as you will see from my photos, the foundations are coming along well. I am trying not to get too excited though as building the external structure (bricks, roof etc.) is always the quick part and it is the internal part of the job that goes on and on and on.....................




And because I have hitched a ride to Entebbe with some friends so I CAN upload photos....I will post a couple more that I`ve taken this week:

 Jonnie and Judah in the David Family maize crib.
Thomas and Kate having a cuddle in Kampala.



No comments:

Post a Comment