Kate at New Hope Uganda

Kate at New Hope Uganda

Saturday 31 March 2012

Sunbathing, Sleeping and Showering in Entebbe.

Could you resist this smile?
Life at Kasana is wonderful, but every so often it is necessary for one`s sanity to escape and get some rest in a place where you know there won`t be 100s of knocks on the doors! I am writing this from a lovely guest house in Entebbe where I have come with some other ladies from New Hope to do just that......and on Sunday, to collect a team from Tees Valley who are coming to Kasana for 2 weeks (yippeeeee!)

So, I am making the most of the hot showers to get clean and spent the day yesterday lying in the sun by the pool (and now have a rather pink chest!) And this morning, as it is drizzly and cool(er) I am making the most of the speedy internet and getting very excited about skyping with family and friends later. I am posting random photos throughout the blog just because I CAN!
In the garden behind Hassan`s House

Since my last blog, Carol has been discharged from hospital and is doing relatively well at home being fed through an NG tube. Please continue to pray that we get a gastrostomy tube for her soon and find a surgeon who is willing to operate (these ops are not common practise in Uganda!)
A class craft session

All of the other children are doing relatively well and Hassan has stopped his vomiting tricks for the time being (except for a little one which he produced in response to my goodbye kiss yesterday morning!)

In our class we have been so excited by Allen learning to feed herself almost independently from a two handled beaker (I know it sounds insignificant but for her it is a miracle!) She is also now 8.5kg which is the heaviest she has been in the 9 years of her life!
Precious Allen

I have been spending lots of time working on our special needs programme budget ......and those of you who know me well will know that figures are not my favourite thing and whenever I have to deal with them, I begin to feel quite sick! Thankfully I had quite a bit of help from Nancy and it is almost finished.....we only need to cut back on 1 million (shillings not pounds!) before it balances J Remember, if you know of anyone who would be willing to sponsor one of our children or our programme as a whole, we would be delighted to hear from them either on specialneeds@newhopeuganda.org or sponsors@newhopeuganda.org . We would also love to hear from anyone who feels called to come and serve in our department  either short or long term in the future.
Dorcas and Benon



No comments:

Post a Comment