Kate at New Hope Uganda

Kate at New Hope Uganda

Sunday 24 March 2013

Into the new house and the first quarter or 2013.

 
 
 
 
The first quarter of the year has already passed and I can`t believe I haven`t done a blog update yet. Much has been going on including moving into the new house which many of you helped to pay for; THANK YOU SO MUCH! It is a real blessing not just for me and Christine who live in it at the moment, but also to all our frequent visitors........The Special Needs Class come for cookery sessions every fortnight, David family come for Movies/Games nights and then of course there are all the lovely little peeps who wander in regularly to play playdough, watch a cartoon or just to drink 'chai' and have a cuddle with Auntie Tate.
Sorry it has taken me so long to upload some photos but the internet has been somewhat useless recently at Kasana and my camera has got problems too. So apologies for the poor quality pics but here they are anyway.
 

The Living Room

The Mistress of the House.....BUBBLY THE BLACK LAB

A busy & messy living area!
 
 


 According to my compound worker Musinze, our bathroom is 'Heaven' and he has been telling all the villagers that I have glass all over the walls (I guess he must mean the tiling in the shower area!


My bedroom is lovely and breezy with 3 windows and lovely purple curtains that Liz made while she was here.
Christine`s Room
The Kitchen with it`s concrete worktops. It is awaiting some cupboard doors and shelves but is so lovely and spacious!
My most frequent visitor, often referred to as Auntie Tate`s body guard is Jonnie. Here he is with dear Dorcas who comes to play every Saturday.
The Store Room which is currently home to a small rat which I hope and pray the boys will catch soon!

Our Spare Room ready for visitors (and for our new Special Needs Helper to stay in from September.)


Bubbly being given a bath by Judah, Jonnie, Dorcas and Kiwewa.
 
I promise to do another blog post shortly with some more pics and news of what I`ve been up to........but it won`t be long until I am back in the UK (I arrive May 20th.)
May the weather warm up before then!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kate!!!!! I am so thankful for your post! Seeing Bubbly has been a real treat! I was very happy to see Kiweewa and the kids giving her a bath! She looks very happy. I expect she'll have some adjusting to do once we are back!!! I'm glad you're enjoying your new home!

    ReplyDelete