Kate at New Hope Uganda

Kate at New Hope Uganda

Tuesday 10 July 2012

NOW I REALLY HAVE A ROOF!


I do have a tendency to get a bit over excited about things sometimes and I guess last time I claimed to have a roof, I didn`t really.....just the rafters! But as Kakande informed me the other day, now my house REALLY has a roof.
Yesterday, Christine, Stephen, Kakande, Hassan, Dizzy and I went to have a look to see what progress had been made!

Sorry, not the best picture.....you can`t see the bright red iron sheets. But I didn`t want to get too close as the men at work get a bit embarassed by photos....

With Christine (my current house-mate) and Kakande.

Hannah came to have a look too.....hopefully she is going to help me choose the right colours to paint!

It is all very exciting and in the next week (if the kids allow me,) I will be off to Kampala to buy the bathroom fittings to be plumbed in!

The visit from the First Lady on Saturday and our thanksgiving ceremony was all very exciting. I`m afraid I have no pics to post yet as only official photographers were allowed cameras. Her security team seem to have watched too many episodes of 24 as they were very strict! Kakande enjoyed all the soldiers with their guns and managed not to ask Mrs Museveni for any money when she greeted him.

I have had the pleasure of having little baby Dissan to stay the last few days whilst the Dendy`s have gone to Entebbe to pick up some friends and get a little rest. Unfortunately I have to give him back later :(
Earlier I had to be very brave and do his wound dressing (including packing the hole in his face) as our nurses are both off sick. I managed not to faint and Dizzy didn`t complain too much so I will give myself a pat on the back and a reward of Marmite on freshly baked bread accompanied by a cup of tea made with my last Tetley tea bag (hint hint Mum!)

Sending much love to you all. I love my life here in Uganda and am so thankful for all of you who make it possible for me to be here!

No comments:

Post a Comment