Kate at New Hope Uganda

Kate at New Hope Uganda

Sunday 5 August 2012

Plastered walls & Harvested Maize.

It`s been a busy week. A hard week at times as I have been missing Dissan.....but Hassan, Allen & co. have kept me smiling. I had a lovely time at the Brown`s in Kampala last weekend and was even treated to the luxury of a hot bath as a birthday treat!


Progress has been made on my new house; most of the walls are now plastered, I have windows and door frames.......this evening, Hannah and I went over with the colour charts to pick paint colours :)


We have all been harvesting maize this week both on the enterprise farm and in our family group.
On Tuesday, our class went over with the rest of the school to help on the farm. Thankfully we didn`t come across the Python who was apparently busy eating a Deer somewhere in the field (or so the kids told the trainee physio Emma who has been helping in our class this week!)


.On Saturday morning we did our David family field......




..........And by the evening we were all exhausted and ready to watch a good movie, eat popcorn and chocolate cake at my house which is definately too small for 20 + people (just as well the new one has a nice big living room!)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kate. Great to hear your news. Reading about Dissan was so sad but as you say Hassan can keep you smiling. I'm still trying to work out if I have enough leave to come out this year. Love and hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete