Kate at New Hope Uganda

Kate at New Hope Uganda

Saturday 12 May 2012

Living an Abundant Life with David Family.


This last week, I went to Musana Camp on the shores of Lake Victoria with the family group I am part of (David.) The journey there was interesting as the roads are more like riverbeds than roads....
However, we made it there safely by Monday lunch time and then began having much fun together!

Playing with the Giant Ball.
Playing Minefields
We played lots of games and also went on treks into the jungle to find a waterfall and also out onto the peninsula......




We also spent time together studying God`s word and discussing things such as whether Jesus meant that we could experience an abundant life in the here and now or whether that is just for the future, when we go to heaven?
In answer to that, I can definately say that God has given me an abundant life. Even when life is not as easy or good as it has been this last week, I always have that peace and joy deep in my heart knowing that He will never leave or forsake me and that because of what Jesus has done for me, I am FREE from all guilt and shame!

Uncle Syd leading devotions on the rocks.


Apart from just the treat of not having to collect water twice a day and cook food for themselves, probably the thing the children enjoyed the most was swimming (or splashing around in the lake!)




Although we had to leave Hassan and Carol back at Kasana due to their ongoing medical problems (bless her, poor Carol was back in the hospital AGAIN!) we were able to go with Kakande who had a WHALE of a time. He almost did become a whale when he went swimming.......but perhaps his favourite part of the whole week was riding around on Uncle Syd`s Quad bike! Since we got back he has been asking us every five minutes when we are going back....

 
Overall, despite the frequent trips I`ve had to pay to the toilet after swallowing lake water,  it was just a wonderful break away for all of us and we really enjoyed just chilling out together and enjoying the beautiful surroundings.




And in case you are worried about my exploding bottom, Hannah seems to have solved it by giving me charcoal to eat (in tablet form!)
She might be needing some after eating chicken on a stick on our way back!

No comments:

Post a Comment